Consent and Release Form for Videographers
Businesses are using videos more than ever so it’s important that any individual who features in a video has
- agreed to it and
- released their rights
so that the video can be used in any way you need to.
What is a Consent and release Form?
This is a form which a Videographer should use when they are filming someone and want to be able to use the footage in any reasonable way, without
- asking the person’s permission and
- paying any money (royalties).
Why is it good for me and my business?
Once you have the signed Consent and Release Form and provided that you do not use the materials (footage, stills audio etc) to degrade the person e.g. pornographic purposes) you can
- use the footage for any purposes (provided that you do not use it to degrade the person e.g. pornographic purposes)
- take stills or just use the audio alone
- edit it in any way
- use it for any commercial or non-commercial reason (e.g. sell it)
If you are filming more than one person, then you will need to get each person being filmed to complete and sign a form.
What else do I get?
We also include a Consent and Release From from a Videographer. This is useful if the person taking the video is not you or someone employed by your business or organisation.